Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i love the french caribbean



I had a wonderful time in the french Caribbean in St. Bartholemy last weekend performing for Karen & Buck's wedding at Hotel Christopher. (Directly above) It was breathtakingly beautiful and I had a blast exploring the small island in my little rental jeep. I admit I was a little nervous at first, but my french slowly started coming back to me along with my skinny hair-pin turn mountain driving skills. I became quite acquainted with Maya's, the yummy gourmet deli and stocked up my little refrigerator at my Villa overlooking the sea. It was fantastic sipping rich bordeaux, with creamy brie & crusty bread watching the sunsets overlooking the cove above.


Karen & Buck's wedding was elegantly casual and chic. They had wonderful ideas for music choices that were a little retro and completely matched the setting. They were an inspiration to work with. The bridal party & Buck entered to "59th Street Bridge Song", with the children walking to "Linus & Lucy" from Charlie Brown. Karen was a vision when she appeared to Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" which I arranged and sang for her. Their recessional was happy & fun loving, just like them to U2's "Sweetest Thing". It was the sweetest thing as the sun slowly dipped over the Caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment